Ask a question or give feedback

Contact the Fund’s administrator, Mercer.

The best way to contact Mercer is online.

You can also phone them on 01372 200 385 (Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm) or write to:

Mercer Limited
Maclaren House
Talbot Road
M32 0FP

Report a death

We need to know when anyone receiving a pension from the Fund dies. That could be a member, their spouse or their civil partner.

Telling us helps us pay any benefits to the right people, and avoid any overpayments. If money is overpaid, we’ll need this to be paid back to us.

You can report a death online or by phone.

If they were getting their pension, please phone our payroll team on 01372 200 222.

If they were not getting their pension or you’re not sure, please phone our administration team on 01372 200 385.

Ask for a transfer value

You can leave the Fund at any time before you start taking your benefits. Your benefits are converted into a cash value that you can move to another pension arrangement. This is called ‘transferring out’. You’d need to think carefully about whether this is right for you.

To find out what your benefits would be worth if you transferred them out, get started by signing into your account.

Update your details

If you’re a member, sign into your account to get started updating your bank details, address and expression of wish form. Your expression of wish form tells us who you want your benefits to go to when you die.

If you’re the spouse or partner of a member who has died, you can update your bank details and address by contacting our administrator.

Get help from the RMT

RMT members can email the RMT’s Pension Officer, Paul Norris.

Email Paul at

You can also get more information from the pensions section of the RMT’s website.

Make a complaint

If something’s gone wrong, please report it online.

We’ll work to resolve your complaint in a fair and timely way. But if you’re not happy with our response, you can use our internal dispute resolution procedure (PDF).

If your complaint is about the interpretation of ill-health early retirement (IHER) settlement cases, you’ll need to use our IHER complaints procedure (PDF).

Media enquiries

If you are a member of the media and have a question about the Fund, please email